We Make It
SAFE & COMFY
SAFETY DOESN’T HAPPEN.
– Spirit Plant Journeys Team –
Your health and Safety during the retreat stay is our greatest concern.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Is Our Priority
Your safety and well-being is our priority, both in and out of ceremony, as we guide you through deep personal healing and growth. All the healers and facilitators at the Spirit Plant Journeys San Pedro & Ayahuasca Retreats have many years of experience holding ceremonies and overseeing the responsible use of Ayahuasca. Our medical screening process ensures you are compatible for the Ayahuasca healing experience. Due to this we have an exemplary track record and no serious issues, either physically or psychological, have ever arisen.
Our facility ensures you have all the modern comforts in a pristine natural setting, as well offering 24/7 access to the best medical care in the Sacred Valley should the need ever arise. We provide the very best caring, self-contained and protected environment to work with Ayahuasca and ensure your safety and welfare at all times. See our Risk Management Program here.
Preparatory Talks & Introduction
On arrival to our beautiful retreat centre, surrounded by mountains in the Sacred Valley of Peru, we serve a welcome group lunch banquet with group orientation. Following this we gather together and speak at length regarding logistical and safety aspects for the retreat in order to ensure a safe and comfortable stay for all. We answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have. We also discuss in detail our approach to plant medicine and how to work with it in the best possible way to get the most from your retreat experience.
We share in depth the origins of Ayahuasca ceremonies, the ancestral traditions, and in particular how our plant medicine shaman Gumercindo works in the ceremony, as well as some of the things to expect throughout the journey. Our highly experienced facilitators are very skilled in guiding the group dynamic towards greater support, compassion, cohesion and trust and they are here to assist you all the way from start to finish in your Ayahuasca healing journey.
Our team at Spirit Plant Journeys Ayahuasca Retreats takes great pride in ensuring the security as well as the emotional and physical safety of our guests. All guests are thoroughly screened for medical conditions in the application process in order to ensure a healthy group dynamic throughout retreats. Our facilitators and organisers are also highly capable and very well versed when it comes to treating many of the classic illnesses or discomforts western tourists may experience whilst visiting Peru. Our priority is to ensure that every guest is able to complete all of the ceremonies during the 10 day program. We have a wealth of experience in effectively treating most tourist illness cases with high quality natural and local plant remedies. On-site is there is always a fully stocked medical first aid kit and our facilitators are first-aid certified.
Additionally, we work in close relationship with the best local clinics, labs and doctors in the Cusco/Sacred Valley region in case of any illness or emergency during our retreats. We are only 15min away from the best medical care centre in the entire Cusco region and we are on a first name basis with the doctors of this clinic after many years of working together to ensure the health & safety of our ceremonial participants. Our retreat has exclusive access to an emergency ambulance service that operates 24/7 and is only a quick call away if ever required. However to date, we have an exemplary track record and no serious issues, either physically or psychological, have ever arisen.
AND LET GO
Comfort & Care
Here at Spirit Plant Journeys you can truly relax and let go… and allow our experienced team take care of you. The luxury modern 2-story fully furnished lodges at our magical Petra Retreat space are always equipped with bottled water, tea facilities, hot-showers, comfortable beds, fresh linen and fluffy towels. Additionally, fireplaces for heating are lit every evening.
Our facilitators are constantly on hand in all ceremonies to provide integrative care and support throughout your healing journey. Our experienced plant medicine shaman maintains a professional yet caring relationship with all our guests to help facilitate your Ayahuasca journey so you can rest assured your time here at Spirit Plant Journey’s will be a comfortable and safe experience.
SPIRIT PLANT JOURNEYS AYAHUASCA RETREATS PERU
Risk Management Plan
- Small intimate groups to a maximum of 12 participants per ceremony.
- Provide a specialised dietary plan to assist the ceremony induction process.
- Protocols for emergencies to minimise harm or incident.
- Health induction briefing to prevent or reduce health issues
- Fully equipped first-aid kit and first-aid certified facilitators.
- Direct contract with local medical clinic in case of an emergency that requires outside assistance.
- 24-hour emergency medical transport to advanced medical clinic (journey time is 15 minutes).
- Permanent communication with all regional cell-phone networks.
- Detailed medical screening via questionnaire during booking stage.
- Medical doctor (available on call) to diagnose or co-ordinate any medical assistance if required, as well as offer medical advice for more complicated health cases.
- In person briefing that provides comprehensive information about medical, environmental and other risks sometimes associated with participating in any Ayahuasca programs.
- 2-3 full time facilitators supervising and assisting in every ceremony.
- After-ceremony care and healing integration
- Highly experienced ancestral shamanic healers
- All Ayahuasca provided at Spirit Plant Journeys Retreats is from the Ayahuasca vine and chacruna combined with the highest quality 100% traditional lineage sacred plant additives to ensure the safest experience for your body, mind and soul. There is no Toe used in our Ayahuasca Brew.